Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 June 2015

Festival du Bacon (Bacon Festival) Review


Bacon is always worth a road trip :) 

This year Quebec had it's first ever bacon festival! This was an entire festival dedicated to delicious bacon and all things bacon-related. Over the course of the weekend, numerous kiosks were serving up bacon in all its glorious forms, including chocolate-covered bacon, bacon gelato, bacon chips, bacon cocktails and they even had bacon toothpaste! Overall it was a good festival. I think since it was Quebec's first ever bacon festival it was quite on the small side. There was definitely a great variety, but you can never have too much bacon! I wish that there were more kiosks (there were about 10 kiosks in total). Hopefully by next year they can expand on their festival. I have to say as weird as it may sound the bacon gelato was definitely the highlight of the event! Definitely a different, but great experience! :) I rate this festival a B+ (I can never rate anything with bacon less than a B! :) ) 

I recommend that you check out the following companies:

1. Savoroso Cafe|Gelato; http://www.savoroso.com-I give their Gelato an A! 

2. Chocolate Bacon Lover; http://www.ChocolateBaconLover.com-I give their chocolate-covered bacon a B+

3. Bar Brutus; http://www.barbrutus.com-I give their Bloody Brutus a B+ (not different from most Caesars) 

4. La Boite A Grillades (food truck) Check them out on Facebook! :) -I give their bacon chips an A

If you are ever in Quebec and craving bacon, I highly suggest that you check out these places! :) Happy Eating! 




No comments:

Post a Comment