Powered By Blogger

Monday 1 June 2015

Candied Bacon Recipe Review



This is for all the bacon lovers like me! :)

I found this recipe on the app called "Yummly." This app is great if you love to cook! This app provides a variety of different recipes. I highly recommend you downloading it on your phones! Did I mention that it is also free!?!? :)

The ingredients are as follows:

1. Bacon (as much as you want)-In this case I used 1/2 pound thick-sliced
2. 1/2 cup of brown sugar
3. 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
4. 1/4 teaspoon of ground cayenne pepper
5. 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup

See full recipe in the link: http://www.garnishwithlemon.com/candied-bacon/

The combination of the spicy and sweetness was mouth watering! The cayenne pepper adds a kick to the bacon, just giving it a little bit more flavour. It was not spicy at all, if you are worried about that.  I got a little bit more creative with my bacon and created a checkered pattern. (This meant more bacon...mmmm...). I was really happy with the outcome and used the bacon to complete my BLT sandwich. I highly recommend this recipe! Some of the candied pecans did fall off the bacon because of its crispyness but the leftovers were great for a sweet snack. I give this recipe a A+++

No comments:

Post a Comment